VTW has developed a new product called Vingo, www.vingo.fit a social exercise app for people that want to improve their health. We believe that affordable access to a fun, immersive, social exercise experience can have a profound impact on improving the health and wellbeing of individuals. We are building something new – a connected fitness app with real game play features.
We believe in the active engagement of all employees to continue to define and evolve our culture, and that empowerment of individuals to contribute their talents can make a difference. We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to be part of a team that practices the power of collaborative teamwork and innovative ways to inspire engagement in our customers, wherever they are in their fitness journey.
About the Role
VTW is looking for an exceptional Art Director to help us drive the artistic vision and development of Vingo.
We are looking for a smart, independent, diligent person to join a collaborative, creative, entrepreneurial workplace in which you will see an immediate impact of your efforts. You will lead an existing team of 5 experienced Artists, including Lead 3D Environment Artist, Lead Animator, 3D Character Artist, and two 3D Environmental Artists. You will be asked to grow this team to meet the ambitious growth plans of the company.
As Art Director, you will be a motivational catalyst for the art team. As an artist, you will help define the ui, characters, environments and architecture for this ambitious product.
Do you have experience helping define and communicate a clear vision in a highly collaborative environment to an art staff while building amazing open worlds games? Do you want a healthy work/life balance? The VTW culture values our people and respects the balance of work and personal time. If you’re ready to add your skills to a very tight-knit team working at a fast pace to deliver a next-gen fitness experience, then VTW might be a good fit for you.
- Direct the art team of Vingo, communicate a clear vision for that style and direct a team of creatives to help execute that vision.
- Create concept drawings and other benchmark assets that establish quality expectations and inspire others.
- Provide day-to-day coaching and leadership for a team of artists, mentorship and overall culture development.
- Help tackle challenges in collaboration with the broader game team, including other artists, technical leads, and design leads.
- Continue to grow and staff the art team with highly talented artists who share our team values and do great work.
- Partner with production to ensure schedules and plans meet business and project needs.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as an Art Director.
- You shine in a collaborative work culture, and truly enjoy working with others.
- You take the initiative to solve problems and have excellent follow-through.
- Collaborative work style and commitment to a positive work culture.
- Extensive experience developing a unique and cohesive visual style in a team environment.
- Proven track record of delivering clear and consistent visual feedback that elevates the art team’s work.
- A desire to work closely with game design to make sure the game’s art improves the player experience.
- Some experience working with a fully remote team.
- Mobile gaming experience
- Experience working on a live-ops project.
- Experience with 3D open-world games.
- Experience working on AAA games for a large studio.
- Real passion for exercise, at home or in the world at large.