Media Outreach Specialist
VTW has developed a new product called Vingo, www.vingo.fit a social exercise app for people that want to improve their health. We believe that affordable access to a fun, immersive, social exercise experience can have a profound impact on improving the health and wellbeing of individuals. We are building something new – a connected fitness app with real game play features.
We believe in the active engagement of all employees to continue to define and evolve our culture, and that empowerment of individuals to contribute their talents can make a difference. We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to be part of a team that practices the power of collaborative teamwork and innovative ways to inspire engagement in our customers, wherever they are in their fitness journey.
About the Role
As the Media Outreach Specialist, you will help increase the visibility of Vingo through strategic media placement, with a focus on health/fitness websites, blogs, podcasts and social media influencers. As a member of the Marketing Department, you will brainstorm and strategize with the team and find the ideal media outlets to target. You will play an essential role in landing media opportunities for Vingo and building relationships with outlets and editorial teams.
As time permits, you will also collaborate with the Internet Marketing Specialist on our social media strategies and implementations.
- Connect with media outlets to develop relationships that will support our media coverage and link building
- Identity and pitch targeted media outlets that will market our app to relevant audiences
- Craft compelling pitches that land new media opportunities to feature our app
- Strategize with the marketing team on each new major feature to create innovative pitch angles, relevant news pegs and creative, and fresh ideas for new outlets, partnerships, and audiences to approach
- Build monthly pitch reports for the team to demonstrate objectives and deliverables reached
- Update marketing metric board and inform team on media wins
- Coordinate with the marketing team to ensure that all media deliverables are up-to-date and available
- Manage Vingo’s emailing campaigns, including strategizing, creating, and distributing newsletters
- Collaborate with in-house writer to create occasional press releases
- Develop, implement and manage our daily social media strategy, in collaboration with the Internet Marketing Specialist
- Stay on top of current news trends to uncover new angles and opportunities
- At least three years’ experience in publicity, marketing and social media
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of effective communication strategies and tactics
- Have a genuine passion for developing and cultivating relationships with media outlets and be able to creatively think of new ways to present our product
- Understand how marketing an app works end to end, and the ways media placement can build Vingo’s brand
- Experience creating and understanding of what is required for media kits and press releases
- Strong planning and organizational skills with the ability to multiple task, while maintaining attention to detail and a focus on delivery
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
- Comfortable working autonomously from home